POOL LIGHTING TIPS & ADVANTAGES
Pool Lighting Advantages
Swimming Pool lighting is particularly important for providing a safe outdoor environment, extending your pool accessibility and creating ambience to your home.
Safety is always a top priority and pool lighting is essential, especially when protecting children, elderly family members and pets in your home. The light from the pool often spills over into the rest of the yard which also increases visibility around the property, giving you peace of mind.
A swimming pool is a wonderful feature of your home and you will want to enjoy it at any time of the day. Pool lighting will provide you with access to your pool whenever you want it, whether it be for an early morning workout, an evening wind-down, entertaining guests, family fun or quiet relaxation time.
Your pool lighting can create a desired atmosphere and highlight the design features of your Gold Coast home. Having the right lighting can set the mood and help you to create the relaxation zone or perfect entertainment space depending on the occasion. It can also be useful for highlighting other water features such as fountains, bubblers and waterfalls. Other outdoor design features such as fire places, decks and pergolas can also be enhanced depending on the lighting you choose for your pool.
Types of Pool Lighting
We believe LED Lights are the best option and recommend them for a variety of reasons:
- Economically priced
- Energy efficient
- High frequency and brightness
- Optional compatibility with Smart Technology (iRIS) which gives you access to timers, zone-setting, decorative effects (including twinkling, dimming, colour change) and multi-user functionality
Spa Electrics Pool Lighting
Our providers at Spa Electrics have a selection of LED Lighting options which include:
- Quantum Series – Suitable for concrete and fibreglass pools, iRIS compatible, detachable electrical connection, choice of rim colours, IPX8 waterproof rating
- Atom Series – Compact and powerful Mini Niche pool lights suitable for concrete, fibreglass and vinyl pools, iRIS compatible, detachable electrical connection, IPX8 waterproof rating
- Photon Series – Surface mounted pool light suitable for concrete, fibreglass and vinyl pools, iRIS compatible, detachable electrical connection, choice of rim colours, IPX8 waterproof rating, slim design for swimmers, premium thermal management system
- Matrix Series – Flexible LED strip lighting designed to highlight waterfall and landscape features, iRIS compatible, full light and show range
- Pond Series – Combines the power of the Atom series with a versatile mounting system perfect for lighting ponds, fountains and water features
- Lit Yard – Wi-Fi controlled lighting system allowing you to set specific zones for the pool lights, setting multiple scheduling options, adjusting colour type, show, speed, brightness and colour intensity, ability to add multiple pools and extended guest operation
- Iris – Lighting Controller suitable for new and existing pools
Alternative pool lighting options include incandescent bulbs which are no longer a popular option as they are uneconomical leading to high bills, an increased carbon footprint and a need for frequent replacement. Halogen lights are much more energy-efficient however they are expensive and still require frequent replacement.
Your Personal Pool Lighting Requirements
To determine how many pool lights you will need and where to place them, it’s important to assess the shape and size of the pool, the current available lighting around the pool and to start thinking about your own visual preferences. Consider speaking with our team of expert Gold Coast pool builders as well as a trusted licenced electrician to determine appropriate lighting for inside and around the pool in order to maximise the effects of your pool lighting.